Carpet is a preferred flooring choice because of how it improves the comfort and warmth of a home. If you are trying to decide which carpet will suit your home and needs, there are many important factors to consider. Not all carpets are created equally. Since flooring is a long-term investment, you need to feel confident about your choice. At Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring, our team is committed to helping you find the right fit. Our showroom is even outfitted with an Anso Color Wall which allows you to see and feel the carpet varieties for yourself. There are over 80 beautiful varieties of color and they are available in multiple styles. The color wall also holds samples of each carpet type for you to take home and try in your space with your decor, lighting, and paint colors. When you are exploring your carpet options, remember these vital considerations:
- Get to Know the Fiber—Not all types of fiber are equal in terms of quality and function. With varieties of synthetic, wool, and other natural fibers, it can be difficult to determine the best fit. Each fiber type has benefits depending on what your needs are. Our team members would be happy to help you figure out the most suitable choice.
- Explore Warranties—Every carpet manufacturer will have a different warranty on their product. Because flooring is a long-term investment, you want to make sure you have a quality product and a strong guarantee. Especially if you are selecting a carpet for your stairs or a heavily trafficked area, you want to make sure the policy provides ideal coverage. If you find the language of the warranty to be confusing, reach out to one of our team members for clarity. We can make sure that the policy is not hiding behind complex industry terminology.
- Evaluate Quality—Quality is not always about the price tag or the weight of the carpet pile. Certain carpets are ideal for certain functions or appearances. Generally, carpet quality is a combination of fiber twist, fiber choice, weight, density, style, and included warranty. At Kemp’s Dalton West, we recommend visiting our showroom to see the Anso Color Wall from Shaw. The color wall is full of beautiful and quality options. We can help you understand the customization options and benefits of all the carpet styles.
- Shop Around for a Source—Some homeowners believe that the only or best option is a chain home improvement store. Although there could be some benefits using a home improvement store, there are some likely drawbacks. Home improvement stores stock some varieties of flooring types, but they may have a more limited supply since they carry more than just flooring. Also, employees of these stores are somehow expected to be competent in all types of home improvement. Since their employees are not specifically trained and focused on carpet, there could easily be gaps in knowledge. At a local flooring store, like Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring, we are 100% focused on flooring. Our entire building and staff are devoted to flooring solely. When you talk to a professional at our store, you know that they are an experienced and knowledgeable flooring professional. On the other hand, online shopping could appear less expensive, but you cannot see the flooring firsthand or have the advice of a professional. Additionally, we can often secure discounts for you directly through the manufacturers.
- Choose a Carpet Based Upon Appearance and Function—Different carpets offer various benefits, such as greater durability and waterproofing. Additionally, certain color choices may be more ideal for your lifestyle. For example, if you have toddlers and several indoor pets, a bright white carpet may be a liability you do not want to live with. Although choosing a carpet that looks good with your decor is important, the function of the carpet is equally important to make your investment worthwhile.
- Never Buy on an Impulse—If you are not 100% confident on your carpet decision, we recommend you wait and conduct further research. Carpet is a long-term investment for your home, so you want to be completely happy and satisfied. Take home several samples to imagine in your space. Ask as many questions of our team as you can come up with. Making informed decisions about your flooring is vital.
If you want to learn more about carpeting options available through Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring, schedule a consultation or visit one of our luxury showrooms in Peachtree City, Lagrange, and Newnan.