A new year is a time to start fresh. Updating your floors can be a great New Year’s resolution for improving your home. The flooring trends of this year are exploring traditional materials with a new flair. Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring stays on the cutting edge with access to the best quality flooring choices to keep your home in style. If you are considering revamping your floors, consider following one of these exciting trends that will impress now and for the years to come.
- Bleached Flooring—Lighter colors can make a room appear more spacious and open. Many homeowners are choosing light flooring to pair with white walls, cabinetry, counters, and tile to create a clean look. Bleached wood uses a whitewashing technique to remove the natural or artificial stain on the wood. The result is an ash white floor color with the charm and natural quality of wood grain. This flooring style could fit with any decor, but we anticipate it will be especially popular for country chic homes.
- Smoked Flooring—Using a smoking chamber process with ammonia, smoked flooring achieves its signature color and appearance. The wood flooring pieces will vary in coloration, but they will be darker than natural wood flooring and retain their woodgrain. The smoked appearance highlights the beauty of the wood and elevates the look of your space. We expect this trend will be popular for homes with an industrial or upscale rustic style, but it could be utilized in any type of home.
- Wooden Floors Laid in Patterns—Hardwood flooring is a classic look that fits any decorating concept. If you enjoy wood flooring but are looking for something a little more unique, consider having your flooring laid in a pattern, such as herringbone or chevron. Patterns wood planks have become popular as an accent in kitchens and bathrooms especially.
- Black and White Tiles—Tile as an accent has gained popularity as a way to blend vintage with modern style. Black and white tile flooring is often utilized as an accent in bathrooms or the kitchen.
- Bold Graphic Tiling—If you are looking for a modern and unique way to use tile, consider graphic tile in your living room. You can create a large mosaic pattern that becomes the focal point of the room. Monochromatic mosaic tiles have become popular for homeowners wanting to make a bold statement with their flooring.
- Natural Flooring—There is a certain tranquil quality in natural wood flooring. Keeping it simple with a natural wood color has become a way that homeowners reconnect with nature. Paired with white or light-colored walls and indoor plants, natural flooring can help create an outdoorsy feel in your inside oasis.
- Barn Wood Tile Flooring—Faux wood flooring took off in 2016 and has not lost any momentum since then. Barn wood tiles mimic the characteristic weathered look and color variation of actual barn wood planks. The directional finish on the tiles makes it very difficult to distinguish between the tile and real barn wood. Barn wood tile delivers the desired appearance paired with easy maintenance. This flooring type captures the ideal warm rustic feeling.
- Weathered Flooring—The distressed look for flooring can highlight the vintage or rustic look of a space. You could choose to have a wood floor weathered using an artificial aging process or choose a concrete tile with a weathered wood look. The worn look communicates a historic vibe, yet it works surprisingly well with contemporary decor styles.
If you are ready to imagine the possibilities for your floor, schedule a consultation with Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring. We can show you samples of all these trends and help you find the right one to suit your taste.