Years ago, vinyl flooring was known for being the inexpensive option. This reputation for being “cheap” has been a hard wrap to overcome. Although being affordable is a positive quality, when quality is traded off, the flooring choice seems less positive. Vinyl flooring has come a long way since the days of being the “cheap” flooring option for your home. Now, luxury vinyl plank flooring is a strong choice for more than just price. At Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring, we recommend Mohawk’s luxury vinyl plank flooring. The quality and appearance are superior while still being available at a reasonable price point. If you are unsure about LVP, explore the benefits of vinyl plank flooring:
- Durability—Whether you have a busy household with kids or a few pets running around, your floor must endure a lot of foot traffic and abuse. Luxury vinyl plank is resistant to scratches, stains, and indentations, making it an especially strong choice for families with young children and pets.
- Waterproof—Spilled milk is not an issue with LVP. The planks have a special locking system so they are tightly fitted. This means liquids will not penetrate. Spills can be easily wiped up without damaging your floor’s surface either.
- Comfortable—There are no rough spots on vinyl so your floor will be comfortable even barefoot. Luxury Vinyl is much warmer than tile which your feet will appreciate on a cold winter morning!
- Appearance—With vinyl, you are no longer trading appearance for affordability. Vinyl plank comes in a variety of colors and finishes to mimic everything from high-end hardwood flooring to luxury stone. Because of the waterproof qualities, any of these appearances can even be used in spaces with consistent water usage, such as bathrooms, kitchens, mudrooms, laundry rooms, etc. LVP delivers an upgraded look without breaking your budget.
- Ease of Maintenance—Luxury vinyl plank can easily be maintained with sweeping / light vacuuming and a damp mop. There is no polishing, conditioning, or waxing needed with LVP like traditional hardwood. The protective coating on your vinyl will preserve the finish of the floor for years to come.
If you are interested in learning more about Mohawk’s finest luxury vinyl plank, schedule a consultation with Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring. We can help you imagine the possibilities for your home.