Whether you are going for a traditional, modern, shabby chic, or any other style in between, hardwood flooring can enhance your decor. Hardwood flooring has a timeless appearance and appeals to many homeowners. Adding hardwood flooring to your home can be a significant investment of your money and your time. The upfront cost of hardwood flooring is higher than many flooring alternatives and they require more upkeep to maintain. If you are interested in a hardwood look without the price tag or fuss, consider choosing a hardwood alternative. The team at Kemp’s Dalton West prefers RevWood, but we can help you explore all the alternatives available to find your best fit. Here are a few of the benefits of a hardwood alternative:
- Affordable Cost—Hardwood flooring is more expensive in terms of upfront cost and installation. Many of the alternatives, such as RevWood and luxury vinyl plank, have easy-locking systems, which make for a simple installation process.
- Simple Upkeep—Hardwood flooring requires special treatment to truly flourish. Generally, there are limitations on what sort of products are safe for cleaning and the floor will require oiling from time to time. Hardwood alternatives can be maintained easily due to their waterproof qualities and no oiling process needed.
- Lasting Durability—Although hardwood flooring can be reasonably durable, it is vulnerable to scratching from the wear and tear of life. If you want the appearance of wood without the worry, a hardwood alternative would be much wiser.
- Waterproof Convenience—Having a waterproof floor can bring tremendous peace of mind as your family goes about life. When you must worry about moisture on your floor, wet shoes from outside, a spilled drink, or a puppy being house trained can be real concerns. Waterproof flooring allows you to wipe up spills and messes without any concern that the liquid has penetrated the surface of your flooring.
- Beautiful Appearance—The improvements to hardwood alternatives have been truly remarkable to watch over the years. In the past, if you wanted a realistic hardwood look, you had no choice but to invest in the real thing. Now, the hardwood alternatives are so convincing you will struggle to see the difference. With an alternative like RevWood, you have all the beauty of hardwood while enjoying all the benefits of your flooring not being wood.
If you are interested in learning more about RevWood or hardwood alternatives in general, contact the experts at Kemp’s Dalton West Flooring. Also, you can see in person how convincing the alternatives are by visiting one of our showrooms.